Family Holiday to Sri Lanka
There is no better destination than Sri Lanka for your next family holiday. If you are looking for fancy arcades and shopping malls with theme parks, Sri Lanka is may not be the perfect choice for you. But as one of the last remaining non-commercialized tourist destinations in Asia, Sri Lanka offers a exciting and safe holiday experiences.
Families can choose a range of activities to suite their interests and relaxation.
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is a must. Although fairly commercialized travelers traveling with young kids can watch the elephants bathing and feeding at close proximity without having to worry about the safety. The march from the orphanage to the river nearby is definitely a highlight of the whole experience for kids.
– For a little bit of a Cultural Tour experience Kandy is rewarding. There is not much traveling involved in getting to Kandy from Colombo making it comfortable for parents traveling with young kids. The Royal Botanical Gardens is a great place to let the kids stretch their legs and run...
– Beaches – The beaches certainly are a rewarding addition to your itinerary when you are traveling with young kids. A carefree relaxing few days to enjoy the tropical beaches with the family will not only help families to bound and play but parents too can sneak off to a well deserved Ayurvedic Spa routine offered at many of the main coast resorts.
– A wild life safari in Yala is another thrilling experience for children. The thrill of the sighting, anticipated wait and the rugged terrain all add up to an adventurous experience for the whole family to enjoy.
– Hikkaduwa, would be the place you would have to include in your tour itinerary. This is the most popular beach hang out for party goers, surfers and the young sun lovers.
– For a more adventurous family experience add activities such as White Water Rafting in Kithulgala, Hot air balloon rides, Rock Climbing and Cave Explorations in Sinharaja forest, Wild life safaris at either Yala or Wilpattu, just to name a few.
– Cultural educational tours are also a great way to build interest amongst the young travelers to the country’s history and past.
Whatever options you choose from and no matter what age group your children are in, if you choose the right mix of activities and places visit, your sure to have a memorable holiday experience in Sri Lanka.